American Public Media’s Marketplace radio program has recently released a show about the basics of patents: Want to patent your invention? Here’s what you need to know.
The episode answers five fundamental questions about patents and patenting, including:
- What are the different types of patents?
- Are patent resources available for independent inventors?
- What are the costs for a patent?
- How popular is patenting?
- What is the typical time from patent application to first ruling?
This episode provides a great overview of patenting. Listen/read here.